Monday, August 29, 2011

My Boasts of Today

Sometimes I think Papa gave me a gift of being content. Optimism. Looking on the bright side. Pollyanna effect. Whatever you call it, that's me! It's only 10:40 am and I'm already finding little treasures in my day left for me by Papa. I feel like I got handed a nifty cocktail of pleasant and pleasurable things that are so small as to be insignificant, but Papa cares that they happen for me just to remind me that he loves me and loves to surround me with good things. If this is not your idea of a good read today....go write your own, haha!

~Pic of the day~
This tattoo is an example of Papa doing amazing little things that mean a lot to me. I ran across this ages ago on a tat blog, and then could not find it through Google or anything. So I spent a good 2 days sifting through their archives until I found it. If you think that was just me slogging through to a result and not God, let me remind you how easily blog post can get lost, deleted, or edited in this day and age....This is something I plan on getting, maybe even behind my own ear, I don't know yet. I call it the "wave-heart," and it is a symbol of my covenant name, Breaker.


Today's choice listen:  Irish indie band Solas [in particular, "Dignity"]

Explosions of flavor in my mouth! Foodie section:
  • sea salt and black pepper rice crisps (I had no idea how good these would taste....)
  • chocolate coconut water (ZICO. From Target. Gluten/dairy-free and natural thirst quencher that's like chocolate milk. Yes please!)
  • the lovely vegetarian Indian food I have waiting for me at lunch
(My blood type, A, is naturally at its best when eating a vegetarian diet. My body has also requested that I limit my dairy and stay away from all gluten to loose weight and feel my best)


The fact that I am wearing all silver jewelry. I have tried gold, I really have. People say that it looks good on me, too. But...I'm a silver gal. Through and through. Today I am wearing dainty things that all have a special meaning to me. There are three rings I always wear: My white gold wedding ring and my "courage, dear heart" thumb ring are on my left hand. On my right ring finger are three teeny tiny rings with different blue stones on them. Iolite, Labradorite, and blue topaz. Those are the colors of my guardian angel, Surge. I wear it to remind myself he is there and to be aware of him, to pray for him and to thank him for his service and friendship.
My necklace of today is one I wear often, a handcrafted silver piece from an Etsy artisan. In Dante's Divine Comedy--at the very end when he gets to heaven-- he discovers that far from being an unapproachable mass of blinding glory, God is in fact:
"...the love that moves the sun and the other stars."
That beautiful phrase is etched on a pendant in the original Italian. It's my go-to necklace.

Sex info from websites for married Christians. Information that I don't feel slimy about looking into! Yay! I'm not the only freak in the world! I have a very curious nature and love researching things... (The homeschooling paid off, Mom!)

Talking to dear Honeysuckle from Austin yesterday. Darlin's starting her senior year of high school! Woohoo! Such a treasure that she asked me to pray with her....

Our rent money orders got stolen after we put them in the box, and after praying and laying down all our panic and worry, we went to the office and the leasing agent said they will handle it all! Now, she is not the manager with the final say, but we are believing that this will be resolved "in our favor," what ever that looks like. I'd say this is a great portent of things to come. :) We celebrate Papa no matter what!

Buying things for a song that I have already paid for on Groupon/Heartsy/Livingsocial. To me, those are the best things to come out of this recession. It's like coming back to a gift certificate you didn't know you had and getting to go on a spree when you are pinching corners everywhere else!


We had rain last night and breezes this morning. Papa is so faithful to not test us beyond what we can bear! Just yesterday afternoon, Treader and I were practically suffocating just running errands. And we got frustrated. And we repented. So when we took care of the drought in our hearts, Papa was free to bless the land we have stewardship over!

To all of this, these kisses and miracles, I can only say that my Daddy is the best and my God is the biggest!

No comments:

Post a Comment